Here are some of the latest and greatest resources that I’m currently using in my life. I hope you find one or two you love too! Please feel free to share what you resonate with or if you use/do something similar.
- Warm lemon water- could be counted as quite possibly life changing, for me anyway. My skin hates me and shows its hate by being red, blotchy and acne prone. Since drinking warm water with a fresh squeezed lemon every morning, I’ve noticed a huge difference in the appearance of my skin. So much so that I don’t scare the crap out of myself when passing by a mirror without makeup on.
- Green superfood- this takes some getting used to but it’s worth it. I decided to try this instead of spending 8 million dollars for Athletic Greens. The lady at the Vitamin Shoppe told me it wasn’t so bad and she used it everyday. Upon trying it, I immediately wanted to call her and ask her why she lied to me and if she was suffering from a rare case of no taste buds. However, I kept drinking it because apparently I like to suffer and lo’ and behold my taste buds did me a favor and started tolerating the taste. If you can get over the taste, it really is worth it. I drink it every morning after my lemon water. It makes a major difference in how I feel, my energy level and overall health. With the recent move and such I stopped using it for a few weeks and noticed a change in the way I felt. When I started using it again I immediately felt a difference and just felt better overall.
- Coffitivity– I’m actually using it right now. I use the website but they also have an app. I’m not even sure how I came about their website but I’m glad I did. Working from home for most of the day gets awfully lonely and quiet. Coffitivity creates ambient cafe sounds for background noise that supposedly helps with creativity. Love it.
- theSkimm– a daily newsletter that is a summary of what’s happening in the world. I stopped watching the doom & gloom news years ago. Obviously, I have the internet so I am able to stay informed I just choose to not let the media ruin my life/mood with their agendas. TheSkimm is a great, quick read.
- Humans of New York– you know how sometimes reading comments on posts makes you lose faith in humanity? Well, in addition to it being an amazing page, the people who follow the page are also pretty amazing. I follow HONY on Facebook and the stories, the realness, the feeling of connecting is powerful. This website lets me know that there is still goodness in the world and that ANYBODY has the ability to make a difference in the lives of others.
- Tim Ferriss Podcast- Tim interviews some of the most random, interesting people on this podcast. It’s so good. I’ve been able to change my life for the better in certain areas due to the knowledge gained from these podcasts. They are absolutely fascinating.
So, questions for you:
What are your latest and greatest resources? What podcasts do you listen to and/or recommend? Who do you follow on FB or Instagram that I should be following?