Howdy friend! Does it make me weird that I say howdy? And yes, I really say it in person too. Oh well, call me weird! 🙂
Onward and upward to another love it list. Did you see last week’s list? I hope you found something on there you loved too!
I know I rambled on about why I love these types of posts in the last one but there is a deeper reason. It’s so much more fun and energizing to find things you love and share them rather than focus on what you don’t like and blab on about it. Can you imagine someone writing a post about “The Things I Hate” and here’s why? Okay, I can imagine it too because guess what, I’ve seen posts like that on Facebook and I either keep scrolling, unfriend or unfollow those people. Life is too short to fill it with purposeful negativity. Can I get an Amen?!
Here we go! Keep scrolling to find out more about each item.
1. Ya’ll if you have a library card- yes, libraries still exist and are a haven for book lovers and learners like myself. Hoopla is an app for your phone or Ipad that allows you free music, movies, books and audiobooks. FOR FREE! I can’t tell you how much money this has saved me. When I see a book I want to read, I check my Hoopla app and normally it’s there. There is a limit, I think you can only check on (virtually) 3 items per month. I use all 3! Usually, 2 audiobooks and a book to read. There is also a setting for kids in case your kid has an Ipad and wants to read books or watch movies using the app. Highly recommend!
2. I just love this front door mat. Super fun to see at your front door. Target has some really fun options for door mats and it was a toss up between this one and a round one that says Hello You Lovely People. 🙂
3. Time to break out the woo-woo. Have you heard of Notes from the Universe? It’s a daily email from Mike Dooley that is so upbeat and positive, I can’t wait to read it each morning.
4. Shameless self-promotion here. I love foxes and recently painted this lady fox (super realistic, right?!). I’m joking! Anyway, I love how it turned out so I’m keeping the painting and turned it into a print I now offer in the Etsy shop.
5. Oh salt lamps, how I love thee. I have two and picked them up at Home Depot of all places but you can get yours here. I never turn my off, not sure if that’s a good thing but it definitely puts off a good vibe.
6. You may be wondering why I have coconut oil on here. Well, I have a confession to make. About 3 months ago, I ran out of face moisturizer. The one I normally use is pretty pricey and I really didn’t want to shell out that much money at that time so I used the coconut oil I had on hand. I was REALLY scared to use it since it is very oily and I have acne prone skin but let me tell you it works wonders! It doesn’t not break out my skin and my skin has never looked better. I apply it after I get out of the shower, let it soak in and then apply my makeup. Sometimes I’ll put it on at night before bed. A little goes a long way. I take out probably a dime size and rub it in my hands to melt it and then apply. What to try it out? Pick up virgin, organic coconut oil in the store or get yours here.
Until next time! ~Melissa